Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Year 4.10

Year 4.10 in HK was two days of less violent protest. Monday was the occasion of 38 months of Doris’ loss. Naturally I shaved bald personally yesterday. I was invited to give a talk at Book Exhibition on my new book 職場契機 but the book event was not crowded due tensions.

Day two was lunch with seminary interns but it was long and tiring, so I left after one and a half hours because I need to rest before the next meeting half hour away. Our loss group was canceled because of Yuen Long revenge rumors.

Wednesday leaders meeting was ok but we skipped lunch because time was precious due Sunday sermon. Anyway I wasn’t a happier camper with Some. The proposed newsletter was nothing but inviting trouble.

Day four was special meeting Clement for lunch. I could swear he was making friends like me when I was younger. I had another good time with interns. At evening I went for foot massage.

On Friday I was rushed for sermon time but I still had to attend Friday language meeting. The sermon was getting into shape, praise God with the last revision on ppt needed.

Day six was meeting a students aunt at Tung Chung for breakfast before accompanying him to a hospital visit. Later we had high tea before fellowship and attended Saturday worship after fellowship, plus chicken nuggets for snack. The day’s protest was making me nervous.

On Sunday I woke up stressed about HK and YF events besides having to teach Sunday school and preach. I rested half an hour before I delivered one of my best sermons - on Acts 16. At night we had Vietnamese food before we did more study at the library. I was very happy I have dug out all my illustrations from my old books to hopefully get it published.

July 30, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment