Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Year 4.6

Year 4.6 was missions into farmland. On Monday we started class at 9 am four hours in the morning and four and a half in the afternoon so that I can leave earlier on Friday. Bathroom was open air like eight years ago! I was happily surprised a student I taught eight years ago paid an unexpected visit and took us out for dinner.

On day two the students got the hang of Grammar Bible except for one that was hard to crack. The musician of the class took us out for dinner and two sang opera with them.

On Wednesday after class we were dropped off at a mall for dinner and we took an old man’s unofficial taxi for $20. At least our expenditure cannot be officially tracked and the night was not fully dark yet to travel on the dirt road.

Day four marked the end of revising Genesis to 2 Samuel Grammar Bible. Night was the return of my former student who took us to eat hotpot stew, different from the usual hotpot. The canteen food meanwhile was unbearable. As usual we had dessert after dinner, this time helping my student to teach a seminary course on Mark. We did up to chapter three.

On Friday the seventeen students had the opportunity to preach in a team lineup. It went pretty well and we were done by 11am as we head to the airport. At the airport we had Burger King and dumplings. At the border we had dinner with his dad. They were very happy. I reached home at 1120pm.

The next day was early morning shift but I was ready. I caught up to a whole week’s work, including rehearsing with English pastor for his first sermon tomorrow and preparing for the SS lesson tomorrow. At night I got to see Fantastic Four on TV.

The SS class was a blast the next day, the best for the worst preparation! English coworker did a good job on his first message. I attended parts of pth youth badminton games. At night I was by myself so I ate delightfully to compensate for lack of company. Altogether it was a great week although I hesitated to go for theological missions initially, but I do not want to regret not going.

July 2, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment