Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Year 3.50

Year 3.50 got off to a proper start in a new place NP and a new hotel. The breakfast was inferior but I had finished 40 days of fasting. The Bible study class had 30 students. The building was busy with two lines daily, so we blended in. At lunch I ate half an hour and rested for half hour. My back was hurting, so after class I went to see a blind man masseur, who was really good.

Day two was exciting but for the local two seater we took that gave us a bumpy ride. In class two big students who sat at the back suddenly was in front, vying for ppt attention. The students asked questions and practiced non-stop. At night we had food first before massage.

On Wednesday we had enough of hotel food and got to the center earlier for breakfast, but we still ended up with the clumsy two-seater taxi. The students were bright, progressing faster than my last trip. At night we had Thai food just before the restaurant closed at night, but it was nothing special.

Day four was the last day, so we decided to walk to the center 20 minutes away. I finally taught the students contrasts, progression and Hebrew grammar. There was no dull moment through the four days. At night we had dinner with th Singaporean sponsor. After dinner I had massage for my bad back.

On Friday we left for the airport at 6am. My back survived the trip, by God’s grace. We arrived home but decided to eat at the airport. After rest we did some work at the library. At night we took a bus for dinner at KF.

Day six began with our favorite breakfast, followed by foot treatment and lunch. I caught up with Buddy before fellowship, where I had to tell the last leader the latest fellowship turnover. Dinner was at our favorite night restaurant but gladly I can eat other food besides pork, as advised by my blind masseur.

Sunday morning was breakfast with youth advisor, whom I also informed. At noon I led prestudy and waited for my coleader to tell him the latest news. At night we shared a good meal and went home to work on 2 Kings 4 study questions.

April 29, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment