Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Year 3.53

Year 3.53 marks the third anniversary of Doris’ loss and my return to USA. Monday was breakfast with two former prayer buddies, lunch was with my sister and dinner at Outback with Waylon. At night I ate half a sleeping pill to deal with my jet lag.

Day two was breakfast at Corner Bakery, where I purchased an oatmeal breakfast despite the richer choices. Our main program was to see Avengers, then ate at Doris’ favorite Lovebirds and visit MPCBC. Later we’re off to visit old residences, especially our last house in Eastvale. It was ridiculous I did not know how to get there anymore!

Wednesday morning breakfast to dinner was with previous seminary faculty. This year was met with less enthsiasm and participation because I could not sit longer than half an hour.  At night I
got to wash my clothes for the first time here. How I miss the big was machines and dyers here!

Day four was not much better, but at least I did some bible study questions on my PC. At night I started to catch up to an old series that’s showing in HK. The main purpose was to keep awake, which I did with coffee and ice cream.

On Friday I bought some strawberries and cherries at a bargain to make my USA stay sweeter. I heard a rich testimony from HZ Alex and but the group is getting too big and unfocused. I tried to get souvenirs from Doris’ APU but the book store closed by 6pm.

Day six was seminary graduation day, where China son sang to  much appreciation. It was hard for the student to get anything done this working holiday. At night I finally bought shoes to relaxed my worn out ones.

On Sunday I visited mandarin baptist church and my old church. Lunch was with Jon and son, then dinner with old friends in Pasadena. Mentally I’m prepared for next week. I also washed my second load of clothes.

May 21, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment