Thursday, May 9, 2019

Year 3.51

Year 3.51 was Marketplace week and two weeks to the third year of Doris’ loss. On Monday I went to my chiropractor who tried his best to fix my back. At night I  sent the English version of my marketplace book to Dr Kwan who is on a mission trip to bless the people in Burma - the first of two requests for the English version in the week.

Day two was back to eating a banana for breakfast, which I forgot about even after I ended my fasting. The day was a relaxing coworkers retreat. I was surprised I did so well without siesta while many of the young guys were nodding in their seats.

On Wednesday was Labor Day but I had another retreat to attend, where three other church groups were at the same site too. This one was even more relaxing than yesterday’s retreat. I had to talk over a turnover issue with a few group leaders. I was too tired to join a friends dinner!

Thursday morning was Chinese medicine morning with cupping and all. A missionary came by for lunch one week ahead of appointment! I tried to mend fences after a failed working relationship with others- not on my watch. At the end of the day was a painful foot massage.

On Friday morning I had breakfast with my language coworker, who is very passionate about a lot of things. The job is not easy for a newbie who became a minister the second half of his career.

Day six morning was English core meeting, where we spent a lot of time on the mission statement. All of us stayed behind for lunch, followed by pth meeting for me. A missionary to Australia Chung Ming cold called me for the English version of my Marketplace book.

On Sunday I was surprised by an overseas student’s sudden visit, so I gave him my two latest books, one for his seminary president. At night we had dinner before seminary student flies off to USA tomorrow.

May 7, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment