Friday, January 4, 2019

Year 3.33

Year 3.33 was the Singapore trip before the end of the year. On Monday it was Christmas Eve and we attended the evangelistic meeting. The program was average and the attendance was low due the rain and the ticketing.

Day two was the start of the Singapore trip which was exciting with my China son in tow. Chang met us at the airport and took us to eat chicken rice at a neighboring food center. Round two was eating durians and we ate four fruits among three of us.

On Wednesday Chang took us to the Merlion and Rev John Chang went with us to share the gospel with my mom. Praise God, after decades she finally accepted Christ after her recent spate of falling down, as many as fourteen times, before she was hospitalized.

On day four we ventured to visit Sentosa by ourselves. I found the hotel Capella where Trump and Kim signed their treaty.  At night old friend Richard took us to eat Indonesian good and dropped us off at Little India, where we took our first train home.

On Friday Chang took us to Johor where he bought us twelve pandan cakes to take home. It was a worthwhile trip to take as I had not been to the south before. Nor have I returned to the country for ages.

On day six morning we visited my mother again and this time located the neighbor church across the street whose pastor promised to visit her more for follow-up. Hong Kong was cold when I stepped out of the plane in contrast to Singapore.

On Sunday it was back to reality as I had to preach James 4 at the Pth worship. Praise God Everything went according to plan as I returned monthly to preach. At night I attended the ICC year end celebration.

January 2, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment