Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Year 3.34

Year 3.34 was bittersweet. On Monday Shandong son Zac arrived for a week’s stay. His father was my student and Zac spent a week with me previously when I had a stroke in August. Our first day sharing on New Year’s Day with two was hard for him as a young man struggling with persecution and personal struggles. We ate a lot of snacks and took a picture at midnight.

Day two was new year. We went to church prayer meeting and had a great time. Surprisingly 2018 was far from my mind already. For lunch we joined with pth group instead of eating on our own. At night we went for   salmon before all left, with Zac my only company for a week.

On Wednesday I had forgot all about the language meetings. I hurried over and gave an unhappy message to staff even though I was looking forward to the new year. At night i did the New Year resolutions with the English group. It went well.

Day four I have a rather quiet day as Shangdong son was with Shanghai son for dinner, so I managed to work on my new women series. At night I had hand treatment as well.

Friday was a busy day beginning with a Skype interview for a candidate. It went ok and we need help. At 5pm a bunch of workers went over to visit a coworker at the funeral parlor. At night I joined my three China sons for dinner, our first for a long time. At night I dreamed of my China son leading others to sing a new song to the Lord.

Day six was emotional for me as I started to think of Doris’ birthday tomorrow. The day was also the unpleasant vetting which we got over with relief, but things were too good to be true, I found out later. At night I went for fellowship but the prayer talk was suspicious.

On Sunday morning I cried for some time remembering Doris’ birthday. I was also amazed Doris appeared in my dream for her birthday in months, jokingly telling me to turn down the volume. We don’t even have a audio player at home. At noon a USA friend surprised me with dinner. After noon fellowship my China sons went with me to Repulse Bay to take pictures of me similar to Doris’ old poses.At night we went for  salmon before all left, with Zac my company for a week.

Praise God to close out 2018:
1. Mom accepted Christ
2. Minor stroke recovery
3. My China sons

January 8, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment