Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Year 3.35

Year 3.35 was a hectic week and the thrill was gone. On Monday I had a chiropractor appointment and my legs are getting more attention at last. I had a prayer meeting with buddy’s group but I can see how busy we’ve been.

Day two was a busy coworkers meeting where I was unveiled as one of nine candidates for the senior job, which is mission impossible. I met old friend Gilbert on the way down, so he asked me to join him for a drink.
At night HR asked me where to put my head count.

On Wednesday I continued with Matt 5 to help out buddy just in case he takes a holiday. At night I led the Bible study on Micah to help out the English fellowship that is without a pastor.

On day four I was invited to meet with some missionaries on furlough. They are retiring but they can help our language work.

Friday wasn’t any easier because sermon for language worship is coming on Sunday. At night I tutored two in exposition. The progress was remarkable.

On Day six I met with Indonesian Chou. It seems he is retiring, so our collaboration has its challenges. The meeting after did not go well, so I have to soothe feathers. At night I listened to buddy preaching.

On Sunday I had to arrive early for kids Sunday school meeting and I met some youth for the newly formed English youth fellowship. I thought I did far better than my first time speaking Indonesian. Waylon was in town, so we had lunch together. At night we got a good bargain $123 for three tea orders at Cafe restaurant. I also restarted work on OT grammar, which is quite a task.

January 15, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment