Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Year 2.32

Year 2.32 ended year 2017. Monday was Christmas day. I invited four youth fellowship members to lunch at Tsing Yi, then walked the outdoors before ending with drinks at McDonald's from noon till 4pm. It was enough to sleep soundly the moment I got home.

Day 2 began with coffee at Tung Chung before visiting with a nearby coworker a former deacon at hospital. The patient had pneumonia but was in high spirits. At night Some had dinner with me and two coworkers.

On Wednesday I had a dream of taking the fall and bearing the brunt for our group since I am single now, but a sense of injustice seeped in later, not sure if others would advocate for me. Later I realized I do not have to volunteer because another leader is single too. I listened to an intern's sermon before I attended a language meeting.

Day 4 My regular hand treatment was canceled because of holidays so I was worried because my right thumb hurt. I decided to go the Thai restaurant nearby since the office was quiet after the holidays. At night I finished my last major corrections for 文法聖經。

 Friday's night fellowship was canceled, so I went to office earlier to work on next week's sermon, hoping to finish off the stubborn last point. At home I started to do some cleaning before the day was over because most of my writing can wait since theapp is done. Surprisingly Some sent a recommendation for my book.

Day 6 I went to a Chinese doctor to see why my thumb upper section is hurting and they told me I have long short hand, and so they twisted me like a chiropractor. At least I don't hurt anymore in the thumb but my elbow was sore. At night I went with Doris' Kingston friends for dinner and pictures. My mentor sent a beautiful recommendation for my new book.

Sunday was extremely busy because of a langauge party. After I went home a brother bought me fruits that I gave half generously away. Sunday was lots of cleaning and disposing on new year's eve and I slept earlier for next days 7am new year service.

Here are the year's highlights:
January New year dinners with friends
February high blood pressure diagnosis
March partial recovery
April 求祢使我痊愈 published
May Shanghai memory trip
June introduced candidate to Rev Lo
July first putonghua typhoon broad last
August Sam concert, new glasses and phone
September Kings book finished
October recovery
November Israel trip
December 文法聖經debut

January 2, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment