Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Year 2.34

Year 2.34 was mostly stable. On Monday I took two young adults out for lunch but it was drizzling. A friend from SF failed to show up for a three people dinner, so I cancelled to get more rest. At the office Buddy sprained his ankle badly and the next day the doctor said he had fractured his leg.

Day 2 morning was spent at the Chinese chiropractor. His client was late, so he worked two hours on me for a hefty $1200 bill, plus another $240 for medication! The jump the last two weeks was from $300 to $600 and then to$1200!

Wednesday group leaders irked me. Some said nobody covered me to volunteer and pound said I can let go. Late noon was language meeting. As usual my role was to solve problems, so far so good in airing things out. At night I did a wedding rehearsal but things were whacky because the groom got the time wrong.

Day 4 morning was breakfast with USA friend who was a badminton enthusiast. I rushed to get lunch for buddy with two coworkers, buying lunch for him and wife. We stayed till 4pm. At night I had impromptu hotpot dinner at home with guest Benny and USA friend.

On Friday i took over buddy's sermon group as he was resting his feet at home. All were glad to be dismissed half an hour later. At night after dinner with in-law I returned home tired, skipping fellowship.

Day 6 was department lunch and meeting. All went well under new leadership, which I am pleased. At noon buddy asked if I could do benediction for him since the two pastors were sick. At night I received news of disciplinary problems to deal with the next day.

The next day's first Sunday school got off to a roaring start. The students were excited, but they moan knowing there's no apple app for 文法聖經. The English sermon response was good. The discipline meeting was ok. At night we had dinner with a coworker's wife who returned from USA cancer treatment.

Thank you Jesus.

January 16, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment