Saturday, July 24, 2021

6.8

 Year 6.8 was a tricky week. On Monday I happily finished my nicodemus sermon from John 4, so I’m just one sermon away from my second Jesus series, with Paul’s conversion the last one.


On day two I was awarded a ten years denomination souvenir. It doesn’t seem that long or I have done that much because I was part time for the first two years. There’s much to be done in the tumultuous days ahead. Definitely not for the faint-hearted or the undecided.


On Wednesday I was getting ready for my chapel service message next week. It sure eats into my time, glad it’s my EC last. We had a good guys prayer meeting with two dropping out.


Day four was Canadian bound lunch with ZY and our coworkers. They are planning to leave by next summer with a few alum applying to the same school.


On Friday we met with a former coworker hoping the latter would return. We will know by next month. Enough said, the person is reading😃! There’s so little time to serve locally because the times are uncertain and we are aging. I’m 60 and counting down.


Day six was a buddy chat before fellowship, where my colleague did a wonderful synthesis of the 20th century church in China.


Sunday was hard because group leaders were notified of a departure. My coworker did a video for my 文法聖經 which will be classic. I’ll be looking forward to bb night next week with newcomers C and F joining. They joined us for lunch today.


July 18, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment