Thursday, March 5, 2020

Year 4.41

Year 4.40 was challenging because of my FB live sermon. On Monday I woke to a coronavirus dream because friend doctor Kwan said it’s a humanitarian disaster! At least the church was not infected in my dream. I had lunch with in-law Marion who wanted to walk TY pier.

Day two was coworkers zoom time, followed by division sharing. I had to wrap up my long-prepared Habakkuk 1 sermon for preaching on Sunday.

Wednesday was leaders meeting but the usual suspects stayed safely in their home to zoom away. Some seemed to have disappeared as soon as the virus appeared. I started breakfast fasting yesterday while today’s Ash Wednesday.

Day four was half day. At least I got to see my chiropractor. After that i had lunch with XB but K could not make it because of his kids. I asked my division staff to work from home like they worked in the office.

Friday was a big day because I finally got my sermon done but lacking one illustration for my last point. I joined the Laus for dinner to catch up with their immigration plans.

Day six was language zoom meeting. We are at a critical juncture because of the virus. After enduring the meeting with our partners we had our own discussion among ourselves. I opt to rent nearby. The first guitar class was a huge success with three students. We had dinner with sharing and prayer after. Thankfully I had my last sermon illustration from Life is Beautiful right when I decided to sleep.

Sunday was nervous time. We were at the venue 10am for the singers to warm up and I joined team at 1015. I preached breathlessly while pressing from notebook to camera button. After it was over we had Vietnamese lunch and I returned to the office to revise my sermon. Later I left church to buy flowers. At night I joined to sing with a neighbor at the pier.

March 3, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment