Saturday, February 8, 2020

Year 4.37

Year 4.37 was a bad week for everyone, if ever there was one. Monday started ok with walk at the Peak to remember Doris customarily in the third day of cny. We ate at the famous Gordon Ramsay.

Day two’s coworkers meeting was canceled because it’s still Chinese New Year in hk. Already some leaders were petrified, calling for the cancellation of Sunday worship services, yes no kidding, hk people have scars from 2003 SARS.

By Wednesday coworkers were allowed to work from home. I couldn’t remain home whole day, so I was at the office by lunch. Things don’t look good when our island club houses announced they’ll be closing till February 16.

Day four was a good lunch with Justin. After lunch our senior leaders did a complete turnaround. Worship services finally received a death knell from leaders citing the scarcity of face masks. I was not agreeable especially when our good office was said to be involved in the decision making. No such thing were my two cents worth. I had a foot appointment too.

On Friday Jay and wife came by for lunch packing a dinner box and a box of masks. We had a long talk. I surely hope he will stay around, but things don’t look too good.

Day six was normal to only a few coworkers. I went to office in the afternoon. P and I checked out our neighborhood church for worship tomorrow.

I was ready for worship at csw. The worship was rock style. Warren was at his best but Lee was boring and gibberish at best. I went to get flowers because the day was early. I suddenly realized I missed Doris so I rearranged the room to give my wife her rightful central place.

February 4, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment