Friday, January 24, 2020

Year 4.35

Year 4.35 was a sudden change in pace because I forgot I was preaching this week. Monday was a normal day as we tried a TW Chinese bbq place. It pales in comparison to dragon tribe.

I was shocked by the crossover of secrecy and privacy lately. I asked questions but the legal wall was too high to climb. Separated or D? I figured out the answer lately because silence means scandal. It turned out to be worse.

On Wednesday I took half a day off because I had a hospital check up. There’s nothing the doctor could tell me but at least I got four months of high blood pressure meds. Night was leaders meeting but I was calm as a cucumber because I had answers to the collective secret.

Day four was lunch with SF friend who accompanied his father to Taiwan for the elections. His father voted for a candidate who was his former classmate. Friend is Bloombergish and tells me two elections will define the year, one in hk and another in USA.

On Friday morning I was surprised to know I’m speaking in two days time. I was given a wrong calendar so I had to make up for time like Superman. I had finished two of three points.

Day six was no time to lose but I need a last illustration and found it after three hours. A good illustration is hard to find. Night was fellowship and James needed 16 more books.

Praise the Lord the sermon worked out on Sunday even though I did not sleep well. Andrew challenged me when I said the Bible uses the phrase “keep His commands” and “keep His words” but never “keep His law,” except the last in a negative sense. We had six for our most wonderful reunion dinner.

January 21, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment