Thursday, January 9, 2020

Year 4.33

Year 4.33 was greeting the new year. Monday was the second day leaders retreat. Frankly I was tired and ready to leave for dinner with two. The school discussion made no sense anyway.

Day two was New Year’s Eve. Coworkers meeting was canceled and few came to work. A and J stayed over for the New Year’s 7 am worship tomorrow.

We woke up at 530am to catch the 6am bus to TY and head to church. Everything was perfect and we got there 630am free of traffic trouble. Young attendance was 10 strong and 8 had breakfast together.

Day four was lunch with old friend Ronald. I tried a beyond meat burger for the first time but it was nothing special. It was flat as tofu.

Friday was dinner with Faith before her trip to visit her grandson in two week’s time. She exchanged for me some red packets.

Day six was the unwelcome yearly vetting. The year will be downright challenging with staff turnover an issue even in my division.

Sunday reception for my Lam 3 English sermon was strong, including the Cats song. A guest said I’m a people magnet! Many youth were present, which was a big change. I wanted to join the young for HiT but I had to attend B graduation dinner. Two bought roses for Doris’ birthday tomorrow. I thanked the Lord for a dream this week when Doris said, Blame competition! It doesn’t mean sense now but I take it as a blessing.

January 7, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment