Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Year 3.45

Year 3.45 was hectic. On Monday morning I began the day by walking my old neighborhood in Malaysia. The rest of the day was spending the first full day with my brother and his wife, including shopping, having lunch, watching Captain Marvel with them. At night I caught up with Jon who invited me to join his trip.

Day two was visiting my father’s urn followed by a trip to the old market, where I met an old friend Chung, then meeting up with Jon for a three hour local dinner.

Wednesday was a rush because of the distance from the airport, since there was no direct transport there. I got back to Hong Kong in time for a leadership meeting at night plus dinner with coworkers. There was no rest as I joined coworkers for tea and dinner.

Day four was no rest because of meeting a new English coworker for lunch and going through the latest issues. At night I bought some medication and continued with tutoring at night.

On Friday I had to work hard for my sermon translation since I have been away for days. At night I patiently boiled barley for my student from a recipe I brought home with pandan leaf smuggled into my backpack.

Day six was very busy meeting with English core and attending leaders retreat. I attended only an hour the English core meeting and rushed off to lunch with leaders. The noon sessions were lively but I was emotional with a series of coworker events.

Sunday began with a check up for my blister that popped up the night before. The sermon went well, praise God. I finished my prestudy then met up with missionary Jon at home, rested and then we three went for dinner at Social. We had a great time and fellowship.

March 27, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment