Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Year 3.26

Year 3.26 was a fulfilling end to a difficult week. Monday started off with a two days retreat. The night climax was supper by the pier. The skits were funny but ironically pointed to the tension among coworkers.

Day two was bitter sweet but honest and helpful. After the retreat I went to the beach with S and P to gather my thoughts and clear my mind. They enjoyed examining the shoreline shells. The trip to Tung Chung was joined by a horde of mainland visitors but we managed to enjoy a quiet cup of high tea.

Wednesday was an arduous day meetings with leaders and language coworkers from 11am to 4pm. I felt lonely and empty attending that many meetings with retreat included. Thankfully a coworker told me he was physically tired too, so I was not unique with my feelings.

Day four was slightly better with friend Justin coming by to share his latest job prospects. My presence at a new fellowship was delayed for another week so I had time for hand treatment.

On Friday our department went through our year plan smoothly and had a department lunch. The guys were really efficient at their work. I think the department is in safe hands.

Day six was enjoyable language tutoring for two in the morning, followed by attendance at a graduation, where three coworkers graduated. So far I’ve been blessed to be invited to two graduation.

Sunday was last day of Sunday school, one of my most satisfying classes. Two seminary students attended in rapt attention. At night we ate at our favorite golden belly restaurant. For two days I got over my tiredness with a good massage from a relative.

December 13, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment