Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Year 3.23

Year 3.23 was a victory of some sort health wise. On Monday a neighbor started joining me in my morning walks. I went to my chiropractor followed by dinner with buddy. We went back to our dining place now that it’s quieter, not invaded by tourists.

Day two was a chaos with mtr rail down. There was little help with total paralysis in HK. I had to take a taxi and forgot my Chinese doctor appointment. It wasn’t that bad with no preaching ahead. A former coworker texted and said that a friend I prayed for many years had accepted Christ in his church in Vancouver after the family immigrated there. How amazing God works!

Wednesday was Chun Yeung public holiday. I had dim sum with Doris ‘ two sisters but had to go to the hospital after learning last night that Doris’ good friend Judy was dying from cancer. I joined her two other friends to visit her.

Day four was a special day. I had to reach Evangel by 7am for my MRI and stayed seven hours there. Praise God at night my doctor friend texted me: “This is the report of the MRI and MRA of brain. Basically nothing major is going on. There is no evidence of aneurysm! Praise God.”

Friday morning I returned to the hospital to get my report. I bumped into my predecessor who encouraged me to serve more. I took half the day off but waited at home futilely for Jon to arrive in Hk because we mixed up the dates.

Day six was a trip to the chiropractor and I joined fellowship for dinner. Buddy asked me my plans to serve too. I said my three criteria are God’s calling, not for self interest and not to compete. Finally the the scarred left foot bottom was healed, so it’s been more than a month.

I was rather early to SS but I wasn’t in a rush. It was an emotional day as I shared my recovery and future service in class. Lunch was with rtcp and haircut followed to remember Doris for Monday, another month passing by.

October 23, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment