Thursday, May 31, 2018

Year`3.1

This week is the end of the second year of Doris' loss and the first week this year of it.The eve of the second year, Monday, was a somber day made pleasant by friends. A USA buddy was in town and asked me for lunch on a day I cleared all things for calm. After lunch I went to my chiropractor. Another buddy cut my hair for the big day tomorrow and then coworkers joined me for drinks. At night my neighbor invited me along with a seminarian to dinner .

Day 2 Into the first minute into the day I sent out Doris' talk on forgiveness, our last book and my talk on grieving. The last day of the second year of Doris' loss was easier to take because of the company of relatives and friends. In the morning Doris' two sisters and a youth joined me for breakfast planned by her sisters. Four youth and I watched Avengers because I wanted a sad movie to cry with. After the movie I bought a pot of orchids for Doris to remember her by. Her sisters brought small artificial flowers because I was going to USA the next day, but two groups presented lilies and roses. At night last year's group who accompanied me to Shanghai and youths, by God's grace,
prepared a dinner for me. They were a blessing to me.

On Wednesday I left for early leaders meeting, but alerted the group I had to leave by 2pm. Some coworkers joined me for lunch before my USA friend gave me a ride to the airport, taking his home luggage with me as well. On the plane I watched Guardians 2, Greatest Show and Wolf. The two seats to my left were empty, so I could recline on seats for sleep. My sister picked me up and my host friend gave me  medication to sleep better locally after our Vietnamese food dinner.

Day 4 I went to Riverside to check county records, which turned out that previous documentation was accurate. For lunch I took my sister out to Cheesecake Factory for her birthday lunch. At night my host took me to Urban. In between I did some shopping.

On Friday I visited a seminary I once taught. Later I bought a computer because mine at home was beyond repair. It was the first of many traffic mistakes locating stores and places because of the absence of WiFi. At night we enjoyed northern spicy food.

Day 6  I had breakfast in an organic food store we used to frequent. It stirred my heart emotionally because we used to buy protein, canned fish and other health products there. I tried to visit the library but it has moved. The host's kid says it has moved five or six years ago.

Sunday morning I was at a big church where I visited a fond elderly pastor and gave him Doris blog book and new book. The choir sang a beautiful song that silenced to again at night, bring uncontrollably:
*陪我走过春夏秋冬*
風風雨雨的時候 才知道祢的溫柔多年前 幾年後 仍然相信祢恩手
一年年的長大 一次次的慕
祢都陪我 安慰我 憐憫我

祢說會陪我走過春夏秋冬
疼我 引導我 保護我
倚靠耶和華的人什麼不怕
倚靠耶和華 一個不撇下

風風雨雨的時候 才知道祢的溫柔
多年前 幾年後 仍然相信祢恩手
一年年的長大 一次次的慕
祢都陪我 安慰我 憐憫我

祢說會陪我走過春夏秋冬
疼我 引導我 保護我
倚靠耶和華的人什麼也怕
倚靠耶和華 一個不撇下
Night was dinner with a former member T whose son graduated from pharmacy school.

It was surely a week to remember!

May 29, 2018
Psalm 40:17

No comments:

Post a Comment