Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Year 2.50

Year 2.50 was a full blown health crisis avoided. On Monday the final right toe nail injured from descending Mt. Sinai fell off, ending a five month red toe crisis. I took Herman and Eleanor for lunch so that Mrs Tang can enjoy the flowers at nearby Flower Market. They bought a small pot of roses for Doris. My other buddy joined us for dessert.

Day 2 I woke to a dream of my buddy crying with red eyes due to a house financial crisis. I comforted him the best I could, saying It's OK.  We had a Labor Day retreat at Tao Feng where the speaker Keith did a good job. My cough kicked off big time due to air conditioner. A few of us had a good noodles dinner at Shatin on the way back. I slept a few hours immediately before sunset.

Wednesday was a leaders meeting where everything went awry with my voice almost disappearing. There was no rest because Sunday was sermon day. I did a feedback for my other coworker. Again I slept a few more hours returning home and ate all thee medicine coworkers provided, from herbal tea, vitamin C, 龍角散 etc.

I met Douglas to talk about how my marketplace book was doing and all went well. Hopefully it'll be published by years end. At night I gave a talk at Thursday Bible study.

Friday was a frantic rush hour to complete the sermon, but the introduction had to wait. I had dinner with relatives but did not attend fellowship because I was still not well.

On Day 6 I managed to write the introduction and did prestudy for my buddy's fellowship, then attended pth fellowship thinking of leaving soon but a couples leader requested help on Psalms 80.

Sunday morning began with a meeting for seminary students and a sponsor. The sermon went as good as it could with me under the weather. Ordination was late afternoon and I had dinner with youth. The week was also emotional because of Doris' pending second anniversary of loss.

May 8, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment