Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Year 2.37 was a cold week. On Monday the leaders' retreat was a good step to bond with others. I cried with a coworker who wept for the burden of coworkers. We have much to work on. On the way back to church i joined my USA friend for snacks unexpectedly because he had not had dinner.

Day 2 was a busy breakast day with two youngsters, one in college and one in seminary. Our first LCD coworkers meeting was held, followed by farewell lunch for Chi friend. We were all glad there was no meeting for fifth Tuesdays. I received an awkward request: "Hi Victor, our fellowship Core Team wish to ask if you will be willing to come to the fellowship and share with us your mourning experience and how you walk out of your mourning during our fellowship time on 8 Feb (next Thursday)." Our language minister unexpectedly asked me to preach on Sunday even though I only agreed to do Communion previously. This is culture shock and language gap.

On Wednesday I was glad for no leaders meeting for fifth week because I have to work on the mourning talk and language sermon. Still I had language meeting at 3 and chiropractor appointment at 4. It was the shortest language meeting we had to show we are improving.

Day 4 I was supposed to attend a language seminar but a departing friend next day wanted to have breakfast, so I was late. My morning was day off but I seldom get to take it nowadays. Thursday noon was unexpected acupuncture next door and evening was hand massage.

On Friday morning I had impromptu breakfast with Josh an overseas broadcast company leader and then joined the language seminar for lunch. I heard later from buddy's wife that he could not find me whole day. Glad he's recovered though. Night is dinner with relatives before fellowship.

Day 6 is lunch with another buddy and seminar folks, then prestudy where I don't have to lead for a change. Soon  it was fellowship but I was tired out.

Sunday's Indonesian sermon turned out well. It should be acceptable
with a few more chances since this is my fifth. A missionary thanked me for half sponsoring his plane trip. I waited for pth youth for hotpot at my place till 1040 pm. A friend gave me some lilies, which I gladly accepted. It's good to know they can handle the chores since my hand is weak.

February 6, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment