Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Year 2.39

Year 2.39 was a sorrowful week interrupted by the new year. On Monday I rushed to donate blood with news that 1,000 had lined up day before. I was no. 21 lining up nearly two hours to give 450 cc in six mins ten seconds. Later I had lunch with a youth nearby and after that saw my chiropractor.

Day 2 began with Elderly breakfast. The friend decided to join my Philippians Sunday school. The funeral for collapsed runner was at night. His daughter wrote an original and most beautiful song for her dad.

Wednesday was filled with grief at the cremation service as mother and daughter clung to each other after pressing the cremation button. At night I joined relatives for dinner and birthday as well.

Day 4 was a good day as I joined Kwan and buddy for cny eve dinner. Kwan did ask me why my voice had changed, which I found out in the morning. I was thankful I paid off my HK taxes and monthly tithe before cny arrived.

On Friday morning I went to our favorite TC coffee place, then visited B in hospital bringing Japanese strawberries. I had a satisfying big boner breakfast for lunch and got flowers for Doris from three stores that opened in Flower Lane then returned with Vietnamese noodles for her dinner before I joined S fanily for dinner because his in-laws are out of town.

Day 6 I dreamed sweetly of Doris the last hour of my sleep. I tried to touch her nose to see if the dream was true. Doris asked me, What are you doing? I said, To see if all is real. I'm happy to see you. She said, 無搞. She was wearing her old wedding banquet dress. At night I was back to relatives' place for 開年飯.

Sunday's sermon turned out better than I thought after a few restless days working on it. I also thank God I was not infected by my language prayer partner who was hospitalized for acute virus. No wonder my voice changed the next day after praying with him on Wednesday. I went to Peak with youth and friends to remember my days walking on new year third day with Doris.

初五 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment