Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Year 2.23

Year 2.23 resolved a few matters. Monday morning was gym time. At noon I was treated to a sumptuous lunch buffet at an expensive TST lunch by a young AV friend. At night I went to dinner and shop at Tsuen Wan with a USA friend to end the day.

Day 2 I started working feverishly on Psalm 73 for my Sunday sermon, a sermon I had laid aside for many months. It is a text that got my attention after Doris' loss, so I had to worked through it. I was glad I finished my vision statement by today's required date.

Wednesday morning was breakfast with a new believer that went on so smoothly but unfortunately by lunch time I was called to a meeting because of a dispute he had with a counsellor. The meeting lasted three and a half hours, so lunch was postponed. At night I had to talk to a good friend who thought I criticized him when. I asked if a note was "sent wrong(ly)" to me.

Day 4 as usual was a half day. My sermon was taking shape, but I still have to work on the third point and look for illustrations. At night I went for hand treatment. That did not stop me from my daily prayer night walk.

Friday was my last day to finish my sermon because the next day was Chung Yeung holiday, and I had signed up for fellowship outing tomorrow. At night I had progressive dinner at Jordan with a new USA friend, eating wonton, toast n eggs and dessert. Getting home I walked 45 minutes to get the weight off.

The fellowship went to Lai Chi Wo almost the whole day from 8am to 5pm. I know for sure I am getting close to my normal self because I was meeting and greeting all like a pro! The noon nap by the pier helped. The day ended with dinner with buddy couple before heading home.

Sunday morning arrived with an interview from a team of six at 845am. I took it in stride and responded to questions honestly. It ended around 1015am just before my sermon at 11am. The response song 除你以外 to my sermon Psalm 73 brought some tears to my eyes. I had lunch with former coworker Harold. Praise God he was back to his energetic self after a bout with tongue cancer. Dinner with my neighbor and his two kids was cancelled, so I ate curry my sister in-law prepared, which was very good. Doris' sisters had brought flowers in the morning for the festive weekend. At night I was misty-eyed before sleeping.

October 31, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment