Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Year 2.24

Year 2.24 was a blessed week. On Monday my new coworker neighbor was at the island for a final cleanup before Friday's moving day, so we lad lunch together with another new friend, then had a leisurely walk through the old dilapidated village before we took a look at his rented two room apartment on the 22nd floor. Today I started writing questions to my Creation series, Gen 1-11.  Doris wrote the application questions, so I hope to write the study questions.

Day 2 was the coldest outdoor swimming pool day, 25℃. There were only six swimmers, less than half the usual turned up. I was happy that I completed the first set of Bible study questions from Gen 1:1-2:3. Doris' former questions fitted perfectly.

Wednesday was a sermon day uninterrupted by meetings, so I could further work on Psalm 5, the subject for my next sermon on November 19 before my next day trip to Israel. Summer was not  happy for a former coworker who wanted more  responsibility at our fellowship but got little.

Day 4 was hand treatment. My right hand is better after many months of treatment for carpal tunnel and tennis elbow and weak knees! I met a neighbor on the bus who complained I did not seek him for help on my hand.

On Friday we had a meeting scheduled on my morning off day. I made up for my reluctance to meet by treating myself to a McDonald's breakfast but the line was super long. Dinner was with my laws before fellowship. As usual Doris' sister cooked me some food.

Day 6 was lunch with Couples core. After lunch I got rested and ready for 3pm prestudy. It went well and I got better at leading them. At night a fellowship member Wallace from buddy's fellowship invited me to dinner as well. In return I gave him Doris' blog book and our latest book.

On Sunday I woke to a dream of an exasperatedly smiling  Doris whose cost-conscious sister M refused to go out for buffet with her. I volunteered to pay from my tax and other returns. Church anniversary and the songs we sang were hard on me. The pastor, for the first time, was more compassionate. The young man working on my Grammar Bible had lunch with me as we had a final meeting to tie up lose strings. At night I had dinner with a new friend at kwai fong.

No comments:

Post a Comment