Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Year 2.22

Year 2.22 was a very good week for me. On Monday I woke up to a cheery, energetic and positive Doris in my dream, taking medication in her stride, empowering me for the whole week. I had lunch with two good friends, treating them to celebrate my tax return. It was a rainy day but it did nothing to deter me from buying flowers for Doris. My buddy suggested new lilies for a change, so I got some white ones with big petals. I was really pleased with it. Unfortunately my friend's wife had a slipped disc and was hospitalized. I did some writing at the office before heading home.

Day 2 Unknown to me a long meeting was due on Monday. I could get very little done by the end of the day with coworkers meeting looming in the afternoon. I was still figuring out what my next sermon in November should be because I was told a visiting speaker will speak on Micah 6:8 as well, so I got to choose another..

On Wednesday morning I loaned Doris' college journal to BC, which she deeply appreciated, calling Doris her new rntor. I attended a long leaders meeting till 1030pm. Those that stayed behind for the next part did not leave till 1230am. It was a long day because I opted not to stay at home in the morning, but returned to office to do my own writing in the morning.

Day 4 I received an official division letter asking me to write my vision statement in more than 1500 words. The pending challenge of doing three languages is too tricky for any to do, so help me God. I was stuck after 1,000 words.

On Friday I and a colleague met with two reps to see if we could get a temp for college work, which was turned down. We had staff meeting followed by lunch with my predecessor. A young man had dinner with me and gave me a sample of Grammar Bible in app form. It makes me giddy thinking that the book could come out in app sometime soon. I also gave a seven-minute devotion at Couples Fellowship on Barnabas, which turned out really well.

Day 6 was lunch with fellowship staff before a lengthy three hour study, two with pre-prestudy group and one with group leaders. Following a short dinner with a buddy I attended Putonghua Fellowship. The study on Psalm 5 really invigorated me, so I will preach on it next month.

On Sunday the praise team sang 我知道我的救贖者活着, but for the first since Doris' loss I could sing it without tears. Since returning from missions last week I feel  I have recovered significantly. Praise God, now I have energy in the abundance. At night I had dinner with a USA friend in Tsuen Wan and went to the new Ikea there. I watched the tenth episode of OCTB to end the day.

Oct 24, 2017Year 2.22

No comments:

Post a Comment