Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Year 2.15

Year 2.15 was bittersweet week. On Monday I met an old denomination friend and his wife for lunch. He suffered from cancer and has lost weight but thankfully he has years to live because the cancer is not an aggressive one. On my bus I heard a boy and his father bargain for an ocean park ticket in exchange for good grades and taking care of younger brother.

Day 2 was coworkers family day and I was assigned to yuen Long and we had a blast sharing till 5pm. At night I had dinner with Malaysian traveller and asked him to share gospel with my brother. At night I slept well for the first time this summer without turning on the AC unit.

On Wednesday night a bunch of us had dinner with our coworker T who returned from. USA. His wife will return later, resting from a successful cancer treatment. The dinner and dessert lasted three and a half hours. None wanted, but had to leave.

Day 4 I woke to a dream of a coworker informing me to beware of a leader who's been mocking my crying, very strange. On my morning day off I finally finished the whole forty chapter series book on Lent, of which I am very thankful I could complete what Doris had started. At the end of the day I got together with my neighbor family for dinner. The new school year begins for one of their two boys.

On Friday noon a USA classmate came by for a lunch visit. He is no longer in the pastoral ministry but goes to missions three times a year. I wish he could do both but he does not have heart for church ministry anymore.

Day 6 was a busy day with two fellowships. The prestudy was pleasant and relaxing. The night fellowship had sports, but I stayed for dinner with two members after taking a short nap. I also had to prepare a song for them the last minute for the ordination tomorrow.

My Sunday sermon was well received. I had to rest before the ordination, later the reception and then the dinner. At both dinner and reception I joined in singing. Finally my coworker Bon's ordination speech thanking me brought tears of joy to my heart as I  thought of Doris.我多謝給我机會發夢的葉福成牧师 因為他對我的信任 對我的教導 冇放棄 我不可以忘記 雖然好多人知道他過得不容易 但他在事奉上的坚持給我 返到教會再發夢 再多謝葉牧师.

Sept 4, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment