Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Year 2.16

Year 2.16 was filled with activities. On Monday I woke up at 840am, later than I have done for a long time. The ordination the night before took a lot more from me than I expected. At lunch I met up with Luen and Wallace at Kwai Fong S Life and had dessert at McDonald's. At night I had dinner with a new friend from USA and his wife. After dinner I remembered to go to the gym at night.

Day 2 was better but I still woke at 650am, later than my usual 630am. After my coworkers ordination I felt fresh the first day at work, as if a whole chapter has begun for me.

Wednesday was leaders meeting where a new division is approved probably with my involvement. I will think about what to do if and when it comes. My buddies attended with me.

Day 4 I have moved my hand treatment from Saturday morning to Thursday 5pm to accommodate the brother who does it. A pastor friend called me late at night. He was persuaded to leave his post (assistant department leader) to take a similar role in a new department. I encouraged him to leave but to retain his option to pick up or not his new responsibility.

On Friday the friend stated his position. Following my lead he asked for the opportunity to lead new branch in the future and his wife to join as staff. Miraculously his request was heeded. I also listened to a new coworkers message and realized I got to start afresh with new workers. One ordained but many more yet to work on, so no rest for me.

Day 6 My work day began with lunch for six people and department meeting. After the meeting ended another department rep brainstormed with me how to restructure his new work. It was a very good day for me as the pth fellowship completed the last 24th chapter of the book同作門徒. All have nothing but compliments for the book. At night my village neighbor treated my tennis elbow two days in a row.

Sunday was a tiring day with HK prayer and house gathering till 10pm. The host sang some opera songs for us and we join in for the few songs we know. I used Doris' tote bag to carry a T-shirt I can change to before heading to the family's house for the gathering.

September 12, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment