Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Year 2.14

Year 12.4 is a devastating typhoon Hato and Hurricane Harvey week. On Monday it was so hot that my invitation to walk outside Tsingyi mall was politely declined by my friend after lunch. The mainland friend dragged on about remarriage before aging sets in. At late noon a buddy gave me a bald cut before the monthly anniversary loss of Doris tomorrow.

Day 2 I put on my Hawaiian shirt Doris wore for her first post surgery body comfort. The special noon meeting with leaders was a long three hours with QnA. It was quite transparent and thorough although I was quite provoked with a coworker's habitual incessant out of turn talk. After that we had our own drinks talk.

On Wednesday the first  typhoon struck HK for a full work day. After lunch I enjoyed a nap because I have not had one lying down for a long time, not after lunch at least. I did writing in the morning at our block's lobby lounge. After lunch I watched an hour's online video. When more writing after the nap got nowhere I watched another hour before I got down to the pier shortly before the typhoon died down for a snack and a drink from a vending machine. I was surprised the vending machine offered hot food團飯. I sat on the only bench with some cover for one and a half hours to sample the drizzling rain and the blowing wind.

Day 4 I had lunch with a new friend and worked on an interns sermon. I also continued my sermon preparation on 2 Thess 1 that began this week. When my coworker knew that I had  Vietnamese food for lunch, he asked me take him for dinner at KF, even for dessert at McDonald's.

For Friday breakfast I met with a new believer who is in a spot over dividing family property. My advice is to deal with it positively, collectively and proactively. I am no expert nor wanted involvement. After lunch I helped a co-worker in her putonghua to get ready for her sermon on Sunday.

Day 6 I prayed for a couple at fellowship who are emigrating to Canada for the man's poor health reason. After night fellowship I asked a few for coffee, saying, There might be no worship tomorrow due typhoon. At least one considered my statement incredulous. At night I briefed my coworker how to use FB live if the typhoon comes tomorrow.

On Sunday I got up at 6 am and figured out the typhoon would last half day till noon, cancelling all worship but for our live FB worship that worked again. I slept and woke before 2pm to buy flowers for Doris and have tea with a USA friend, looking at his new quarters before buying BBQ to join a neighbor for dinner.

Aug 29, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment