Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Year 2.17

Year 2.17 ended with nostalgia for Doris. On Monday I had lunch with leader D and wife lending support to him in his year old position. He is a confident, positive and caring person. The lunch at Lion was good. I can't wait to take coworkers there. I bought ten kunming roses for Doris, but they do not look sprightly.

Day 2 I received a big surprise. A manuscript I had sent two years ago for editing before Doris' loss arrived in the box. An editor had previously asked if I have written anything on  Kings or Chronicles because there is a lack of materials on that historical period. I  patched together 18 chapters but did not think much about it because it was not a priority for publisher or me. Even so two years is a long time but I am not fussy. Rather I am thankful I have three unpublished books with Doris in stock. In the morning I read a coworkers sermon and at night had men's fellowship, which had dropped in attendance now that school has started.

On Wednesday I received a positive reply from the book editor regarding copyright that galvanized me to work: 不同作者不同合作也有不同的, 而一些有年期一些冇年期. At this time in my life I want to free the books, not freeze it.

Day 4 After checking with the editor the previous day I worked on my morning off today and after work on the book till 1am checking minor odds and ends. It is a beauty, no doubt. My place was to finish it in two days.

On Friday I met with good USA friend Michael for lunch. Poor guy, he lost weight. Later I was so excited that I have finished working on the content part of the book with the morning off due noon work today. Also I checked on another coworkers sermon due this Sunday. Near evening I quickly send off the book to attend anniversary night celebrations.

Day 6 it was a busy day. Fellowship prestudy group had lunch followed by two hours of preparation and another hour of  fellowship study. Another good friend from USA came by for dinner, this time eating teochew hand having coffee and even buying clothes. I was pampered for a change and longed for old friends.

Sunday started on the right track. My coworker preached an outstanding sermon. AGM was an emotional affair for me. I could only think of Doris in my tearful outburst with the song 恩典够用 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vYiodNJcFN4
at AGM. I also remember how proud and delighted Doris was of our coworkers the one year she attended when I was out of town.

September 19, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment