Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Year 2.11

Year 2.11 was one, of my fondest weeks, in which Monday was the best. For the first time I dreamed of Doris not once or twice, but thrice in a night. In the first dream she laughed, having solved a problem for all. I said, It'll be great to have a mind like yours. In the second dream she wanted to be the car driver but her sisters objected. In the third dream I turned around to pick her up after barely dropping her off at a dilapidated neighborhood which she insisted was ok, but I could not find her nor the right neighborhood later. At 3pm I met with old friend Ben to see if we want to the Old Testament Grammar Bible. We were willing to try on the Pentateuch and Psalms.

Day 2 was prayer and meeting day, but there  too much talking disrupted everything. I was still not making too much headway in sermon preparation but there is no pressing need because I have plenty in stock. At night I had dinner back at the island with a new overseas coworker.

Wednesday was a slow day. It has been like this on summer days with a lack of sermon assignments. Even my August date is cancelled. The preaching class after lunch was one of the best class with new coworkers and summer interns. They truly enjoyed the class, including the new coworker with two classes left. 

Day 4 Morning was my day off. I called a neighbor to enjoy buy one, free one coffee locally. In return I was given a small, pointed physio rubber ball by a neighbor to help me with my tennis elbow. At night met a missionary friend for dinner but he overslept from the jet lag. 

On Friday I had a short breakfast with a missionary, followed by a staff meeting and birthday lunch for a coworker. Our two interns joined us, adding new energy to the team. After lunch I gave an hour's interview to the missionary to complete his doctoral dissertation.

Day 6 After my hand treatment in the morning I got flowers in Prince Edward to get ready for home visits tomorrow from Doris' Vancouver friend and her USA sister. Two prestudy lessons were awaiting me, but I gave one hour to the newer coworkers, who did a commendable job.

On Sunday staff had lunch with a few volunteers who felt neglected. It went well, but complaints are complaints. At 3pm Doris' Kingston friends came by to pay respects to her with her favorite lilies, so did Doris' eldest sister from San Diego on her way to two months missions in Thailand. The family had dinner together in Sheung Wan at one of Doris' favorite restaurants, ordering Doris' beloved winter melon soup to end the day.

August 8, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment