Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Year 2.12

Year 2.12 was a blessed week. On Monday morning I alerted others my disciple book was on sale for rmb$20 at taobao instead of it's HK$110 price. The response was hilarious. Some were furious, others were fine saying I am famous or others can benefit. At lunch with Doris' friends I asked her lawyer friend what guarantees do HK churches have if 一地兩檢 passed. The answer was none because law will be reinterpreted to governments wishes. Our churches must start diversifying her assets and properties.

Day 2 was men's fellowship. The attendance was encouraging, now at 13 studying Moses (Num 12), more young men than old. It was the fourth in our men series after Adam, Abraham and Jacob. 

Wednesday was the last of this year's preaching class. The coworkers wanted to study ot to complement nt study. They were good by now at grammar. Before class I spent half an hour to help E prepare to preach ten days later for the first time as a minister.

Day 4 I went to an optometrist to make an uneven pair of glasses. Rev Leung from Texas and I had dinner. I had ran out of schedule slots, but impromptu worked. He is always so considerate thinking of visiting me.

I woke to a dream of Doris on Friday, her gift to me less than a week to my birthday. In the dream I asked where was Doris when a small fire occurred in the small cottage across street where she was at that time. A member Michelle said she left by herself. When we met later she said she left because she had made an appointment with two girls who were bothered  by demon objects or voices. I started working on my CCOWE discipleship devotion. Unfortunately I stepped on my present pair of glasses before fellowship, so I wore an old pair that was out of focus.

Day 6 i decided to see if my glasses can be fixed because today was a wild day, attending a major concert, my first in HK, eight rows from front. Praise God it was fixed. A song 鐵塔凌雲 made me realized I am more local now.

On Sunday tears welled up every time the chorus was sung:
But I know whom I have believed
And am persuaded that He is able
To keep that which I've committed unto Him against that day.
At night I joined an intern for home made dinner, talking till 11pm.

Aug 15, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment