Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Year 2.10

Year 2.10 Ten weeks into Doris' second year loss had already gotten underway. On Monday I went to Doris friend's office to get a certified copy of her will to complete another USA estate task. Her family on the USA side has been patiently doing all the paperwork for me. Lunch was with a buddy, who is a big flower guy. Besides lilies for Doris, he also bought a dozen roses for himself. One bunch was more than enough for me. At 5pm I sat more than an hour and a half at the pier bench to remember the love of Doris for the spot.

Day 2 was a busy day. A departing USA friend wanted to have breakfast together, followed by September sermon group at 11am on Matt 7, and more meeting at 2pm. Dinner was with neighbor and son over spaghetti , with prayer walk for compensation.

On Wednesday I sent the estate papers, hopefully the last I have to file. Shortly before I left office I was told my on and off language work offer is on again with some explanation given. I had no feelings for it. The night ended with the culmination of the Lent series as I finished the last sermon, on Mary Magdalene entitled THE FAIREST OF THEM ALL JOHN 20):
1. Be Poised to Persist (vv 11-13)
2. Be Prepared to Persuade (vv 14-15)
3. Be Passionate to Proclaim (vv 16-18)

Day 4 I prayed that I did not have to lead the language work. The morning was with friend Justin over a cup of coffee after our failed Habitu breakfast. It was a good break for me on Thursday after the Lent series. If not most Thursday mornings I work on sermons. At night I met with Doris' Kingston friends for dinner because a Canadian alum was in HK. The Singapore food at Mira was ordinary.

Friday was an unmotivated day, so I did my sermon preparation café style at the pantry. Surpringly I did quite well even with a lot of foot traffic. There was a break  from fellowship at night, so I left early for prayer walk.

Day 6 was lunch with couples staff. It was all good until controversial subjects surfaced. Late noon was spent with buddy at the fruit market. My under pressure friend lightened up at the sight of various fruits. We had dinner together before I left.

Sundays song 耶穌我愛你 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G6XewDvplVc
really touched me with its lyrics: 我一生要尋求祢 and 我願意一生不要離開你. After worship a senior lady wanted to recommend a lady to me with her photo on her we chat app! Later I enjoyed the singing talent show at church. I retire to bed early because of the sweltering heat.

August 1, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment