Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Year 2.9

Year 2.9 was far better than the uneasy previous week. On Monday a friend 關 and I took Paul Lai and wife to 黃石碼頭 and Geopark, a place few locals knew about. On the day when it was raining like no tomorrow I was grateful to see sunshine twice, at Sai Kung for breakfast and after the 黃石碼頭 boat trip. We scraped afternoon plans because of the downpour and went to Kwan's place for high tea. Without him the day was wasted. Early dinner was with a buddy ruminating over work tensions.

Day 2 morning was with Paul and wife again but this time with pastor. The rest of the day was study, meeting and chat. The tensions were lowered but shimmering below the surface.

Wednesday was a packed day. I went through with a coworker his sermon coming Sunday, followed by preaching class after lunch. As soon as class was over, I visited the funeral parlor to pay respects to a group leader's mother. At night meeting I asked "Did all parties know," but was checked by a neutral "We work very closely" answer. On the way home a disgruntled person texted I was unfair to him, so we set up a meeting tomorrow.

Day 4 was a busy day. The morning study on John 20 made little headway. I was invited by interns for lunch and waited for my crunch talk at 3pm. It turned out to be a friendly and brotherly talk. I can only offer to pray for him daily as we settled matters. Next I talked to a grad who decided his calling is at TST. At night I treated a neighbor friend and his boy to homemade spaghetti.

Friday meetings began with pth staff. We are a very cohesive bunch, so the meeting was an hour short. After lunch I had a haircut from a coworker to remember Doris' loss one year two months the next day and then began in earnest for night devotion on Acts 4:32. Praise God it touched hearts and the day was over with prayer walk.

Day 6 was hand treatment followed by couples staff lunch. We are really gelling together for service. The afternoon was blurry and the night ended with splitting time between two pth couples groups.

Sunday was a shocker. There was a crowd waiting for the supermarket to open. A typhoon warning was in effect when I was swimming. I returned home to more than one hundred messages on coworkers chat group. All worship meetings were cancelled. On the pth side a young adult moaned, “Why in this hi-tech world can't we broadcast worship?” I asked a coworker if it was possible to do Facebook live. When he said yes I hurried to church before the weather was in effect. At church I bought breakfast for two, opened a departed coworker guitar case to practice and look for suitable songs to lead. In the meantime my coworker and speaker that day got  Facebook live ready. At 11am I led worship songs, my coworker spoke and the worship ended with Lord's Prayer. All applauded our effort. At night I had dinner with neighbor and son because I got home earlier than usual over cancelled activities. 

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

July 25, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment