Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Year 2.6

Year 2.6 was a stable week with not much fanfare. Monday was a packed day. With a seminary graduation at night in mind I ate lunch locally, took a walk, went to swim and nap a while before I headed out. It was a fun and enjoyable night, ending before 9pm for pictures.

Day 2 After attending a seminary graduation I dreamed of returning to teach. I woke up thinking of recruiting two coworkers before realizing it was a dream. At office I worked feverishly on my coming Sunday sermon after speaking just two days ago. For the first time coworkers were encouraged to share freely their thoughts on the ruling and how it was handled. It lasted till 515pm, two and a half hours. At least most spoke their mind. At night I finally finished Luke 7:11-17 TRIP TO NAIN
1. Seek His Solace (vv11-17)
2. See His Sacrifice (v 14)
3. Speak His Splendor (vv 15-17)

On Wednesday I woke to a dream that Doris and I were renting in an upscale neighborhood and I was asking around  where to buy her quality food to eat. Doris was looking forward to good food for her body. She said 早點吃 早點好返. Wine was also served. The preaching class had fun working on Phil 2:4-11.

Thursday was panic time. I prepared the wrong message, and so I had to work harder on translation. It was not so bad because I had preached two thirds of the passage seven years ago! It was a dull and hot day at the office, so I try to sit cozily at the lobby for better air conditioning.

I was surprised Doris' pastor called me on WhatsApp Friday morning for a talk. He asked me a few questions because he was looking forward to retiring. A coworker bought lunch for me because a lot of good things were working out for him, which I had offered help. There was no night fellowship due to a fifth week, so I could do a rare Friday prayer walk.

Day 6 morning I had breakfast with Doris' two sisters, telling them how fellowship was working put for me. After breakfast I attended a church talk but the enthusiasm was not there. After the talk a coworker looked for me to talk. He was far better airing his feelings and thoughts out.

Worship Sunday came but I forgot my notes, so I had to spend more time in the office preparing in the morning. All worked out well, closing out on the last chapter of Ecclesiastes.

July 4, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment