Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Year 2.7

Year 2.7 was not an ideal one professionally. On Monday it was raining as I got flowers for Doris. Later I found out that the flowers were sprayed rather than natural, such a shame. No matter how I try, my Lent series is slowing to a snail's pace, not for the lack of effort. It is very hard to understand the full dynamics of Jesus' trial under Caiaphas (Matt 26:57-68 ).

Day 2 At work we examined the merits of using the Revised Chinese CUV Bible for the whole church. The compromise is coworkers and putonghua worship can choose their own text. At lunch I joined the summer interns welcome  lunch. 

On Wednesday I went through with a coworker his Sunday sermon, and his passionate illustration touched me. At lunch I greeted a friend and the sixty three years old told me he was let go from his job. Still, he was passionate about his continuing education.    After lunch the interns joined us for preaching class for the first time.

Day 4 I took a young AV guy for lunch a day short of his birthday. It was the least I can do for his help at church and doing Doris' videos. Today I officially finished revising Grammar Bible, hoping to put out an app in the future. On the bus home I bumped into Douglas and Chou and joined them midway through their dinner in my prayer walk.

On Friday I had to forsake my quiet morning for a meeting and attend night fellowship as well. In between was hard for a buddy, so we went out for a drink. There is nothing one can do when elephants rumble. At night I had dinner with Doris' sister and her husband before fellowship.

Day 6 It was a rainy day when I went to Causeway bay to pray for a friend's new store. Lunch was with a former deacon before a pth meeting and the rest of the afternoon a group of us were trying to cheer a coworker and one another. There was no stomach for food  until after fellowship.

Before Sunday sermon a song 奔跑不放棄 already touched me. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3tNKXsR-H_E
The message by a new hand speaking putonghua worked out well with his high energy making up for lacking language skills. Later I attended prayer meeting that Doris favored. At night I ate with thankfulness the food sister in-law had prepared and the soup a leader gave.

July 11, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment