Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Year 2.8

Year 2.8 ended with a big relief. On Monday I met last minute with a leader to talk more about his recent retirement, vacation and leadership experience near where I got flowers for Doris that day. It was so hard to find time to get together except on my day off but I have appointments the next two Mondays.

Day 2 I finally finished my second last sermon to my Lent series entitled WHO'S IN CHARGE? ( MATT 26:57-68)
1. Defend Yourself Without Apology or Arguing (57-61)
2. Disclose Yourself Without Ambiguity or Arrogance (62-64)
3. Dignify Yourself Without Animosity or Anger (65-68)
My couples team had lunch with an intern and her friend. Noon meeting did not reap much. At night we had men's fellowship, where we have 12 men studying on Jacob. For the first time the younger ones outnumbered the adults.

On Wednesday I woke to a dream of buying something from a convenience store and losing my small cart along the way, tricked by vendors who persuaded me to accept a laundry basket in exchange. The worst part was that when I realized Doris was alone at home, I remembered Doris had passed away. I also had slight coughing. My preaching class was a breakthrough. At least the students could speak in bits and pieces. At night I found a popular cable drama series with bahasa subtitles.

Day 4 collective meeting was frank, direct and tensed. Many were given opportunities to say or write their opinion. I had to reschedule a seminarian appointment because of the four hour long meeting. At night I bought dinner for an USA friend who brought me a DTS T-shirt.

Friday was a busy day with pth meeting before lunc with seminarians. Later in the afternoon we had a two hour 預prestudy due the busy day tomorrow. I was so tired after the meeting that I slept, waking 15 minutes late for dinner with sister in-law before fellowship.

Day 6 The town hall turnout won over a lot of folks. The explanations were generally acceptable. The gaps were narrowed. The response from pth was good. After a drink I joined fellowship.

Sunday was a good day. Paul Lai blessed us with a wondrous message and later I attended a small group to support a leader who gave much of his service to the church. By the time I got home I was so tired that I napped half hour before dinner.

July 18, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment