Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Year 2.2

Year 2.2 started by providing me a good signal to go ahead with blogging when Doris appeared in a dream. On Monday I killed two birds with one stone by meeting a friend in Prince Edward  and getting flowers for Doris. He was hoping to get an overseas ministry position and got a call the same morning for his family to visit Canada. Evening was spent in fellowship with buddies, followed by prayer walk. There was also interaction with neighbors. It begins with a morning exchange with a lifeguard. He told me he's returned to church, invited by his former pastor to the latter's new pastorate. Good news for us because Doris and I have known the young man for a few years. At night I met a neighbor on bus and finally told him that it's been a year Doris passed away. He said he heard about the news from a morning fellow clubhouse member. Since we were nearby my apartment, I asked him to wait downstairs while I grabbed Doris' blog book and gave one to him.

Day 2 was Dragon Boat public holiday. Doris' two local sisters came in the morning with flowers for her and helped to clean up the two bouquet of flowers from her first anniversary loss. We head off for 飲茶 at North Garden, a place we have not returned to since Doris' loss, mainly because the restaurant has moved. After that I did work at our regular Sheung Wan cafeteria for two hours until it was high tea time, when I walked around a few
blocks before deciding to eat at our old Dragon Help eatery, ordering Teochew noodles with wonton for $28, plus another $5 for added beef balls. Later I took the 430pm ferry home, buying two buns at IFC just in case I was hungry.

On Wednesday I finally finished the hardest sermon in my Lent series, before I found out in the next few days there were other relevant Lent passages too. Here's my outline for Behold the Lamb (Isa 53):
1. Be Drawn to the Dear Lamb (1-5)
2. Be Delivered by the Dying Lamb (6-9)
3. Be Devoted to the Divine Lamb (10-12)

The next day was a relief for me as I finally finished my coming Sunday worship sermon. I was surprised the translation took me two days only instead of the regular three to four days especially on a tough text, John 4 on the Samaritan woman. I was short of time because Tuesday was a holiday, but here's my outline:
Heaven Came Down and Glory Filled My Soul:
1. Be Delighted: Your Wants are Delivered (7-15)
2. Be Deepened: Your Worth is Defined (16-18)
3. Be Devoted: Your Worship is Demanded (19-26)

On Friday I and two coworkers visited a friend who is in another ministry. The work needs time to get started and it was not easy to be by oneself in transition. At night I sat on front row in Couples fellowship for the first time in over a year!

Day 6 I woke up to a pleasant and poignant dream of Doris. She was anxious to drink and sample the soup she made. I, on the other hand, was sparing in giving away the magazines that we do not published in real life. It has been a while since my last dream of Doris. In the morning I met Doris' very good neighbor friend who told me, 冇諗咁多. I had lunch with an intern and at night I was touched by a familiar song 獻給我天上的主 and TVs Star Trek Into Darkness, shedding some tears.

On Sunday all went well with my John 4 message except I ran over by six minutes at least. A song inspired me 盡情的敬拜:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kYydYl5jmOw
I had lunch with a buddy before he left for missions next day.

Thanks for hearing me out. The second week has not been easy but God has been faithful.

June 6, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment