Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Week 41

Already this is week forty one. On Monday I had lunch with Doris former classmates. The topic was none other but politics, Lam or Tsang? At night I had dinner with my predecessor and his wife. We always treated each other as friends even when he was more senior than me at work. As time goes by, we established a friendly relationship. Our progressive dinner includes wanton noodles in one store, bread n milk in another, and fruit or 湯圓 in the last. We had a great time at food and fellowship.

On Tuesday I met a man who accepted Christ two years ago. He told me how he had not cheated at taxes for the last two years and God has blessed his finances with the same gain. At night I returned to help a fellowship at their core meeting, confirming I will help in prestudy, and once a month devotion.

After I was diagnosed with high blood pressure I was careful with my lifestyle. Besides keeping to a regimen of jogging 1,000 times or steps in the pool, I no longer drink my favorite HK milk tea but turned to Ovaltine instead. Wednesday was the start.

By Thursday I finished my coming Sunday sermon, so it was a good day. Today's diet drink was Horlicks instead of milk tea. My friend has favorable news on his early Parkinson's report in that his doctor cannot confirm or rule out Parkinson's.

On Friday I met with a HK praise team ministry founder and his staff person. He happened to be the brother of one HKs most renowned Christian. Lunch was with a good USA friend who brought my purchases and his gift for me. At night I gave a 同作門徒 talk to a cell group with the response: Thanks, we enjoyed it a lot.

On Saturday a dearly beloved USA friend dropped by to visit me but I sensed he wanted me to stop crying, which made me feel uncomfortable. I clarified with him and he replied, "You are too deep into your sentiments, so a little reminder was fine." Few understand the deep pain of losing a spouse at the prime of the spouse's life, not even a very dearly beloved friend could empathize. I was disappointed.

On Sunday the sermon was well received, which made me cry longer than usual  the moment I got to sit down after the sermon. At night I went with my neighbor to a friends place for hotpot.

Finally a song Doris once quoted in her blog that meant something to me in declining health:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M5keJHZdWYM
Breathe on me, breath of God

Mar 7, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment