Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Week 44

Week forty four is a good week for the third dream week in a row. On Monday a coworkers and I were invited to lunch by a leader. I was uneasy for five days over the sudden invitation. The talk was pleasant, but my advocacy for younger coworkers failed. At night I attended a wonderful  prayer meeting where a buddy said in introduction over a touchy situation, 我問神點解,神對我說,因為你學得唔夠 I asked God why? He said, because you have more to learn. That set the right tone for the night.

Tuesday was another start to the office week but I was bored because I had no new sermon coming up except assigned passages on discipleship I had done previously. A coworker cut my hair to remember Doris the next day. I have also added two friends' request for prayer to my list:
1. L, family crisis
2. H, refreshing
On top of that, I have been praying daily for the food I eat, the people I meet and the tasks I do.

Wednesday was ten months without Doris. I try to wear black usually for every month's anniversary, and this was no different. At late noon I talked to a friend and his wife as he had tendered his resignation at his job. Now I understand they both think the same way but I felt two years at a job is too short. At night I crawled under the blanket and had a good cry. I still missed Doris a lot!

The next day I had coffee with Doris' former pastor from Kingston, Canada. Rev Lo had such a kind heart to visit me, bless him! I gave him all our previous books published and two systematic theology books since he had intended to buy some books on the subject.

On Friday I had a sweet dream of Doris. It came from an interview a friend was having the same day for an overseas job. In my dream I explained to Doris how the job was available and my part in it.

On Saturday I had completed five chapters of our new 職場 marketplace book in four days. I have much motivation and energy for the book and conscious of the need to pray for its production. The earlier chapters are easier because the materials were previously written. 

On Sunday the speaker had a fainting spell while speaking. One minute into her sermon she felt dizzy and asked me to pray for her. I left the praying job to my coworker as I rushed to the office for a replacement sermon. By the time I came back the coworkers had a better idea to read her perfectly written sermon as the praise team sang to give us time. The last song brought a lot of tears to my eyes out of grief and gratitude:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pyIljkJKZso

March 28, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment