Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Week 43

Week forty three was a stable week, as it has been since our putonghua revival. On Monday I went to our favorite faraway cafeteria for breakfast, later chomping down on a new Signature ANGUS beef for lunch, eating half the fries and drinking half the coke to curtail my high blood, if it is of any use. At 1pm I swam and jogged for an hour at the pool, and dashed off to meet my buddy who took me to Prince Edward to buy roses for Doris.

On Tuesday I woke to a dream of Doris. We bought BBQ pork and roast pork for our car travel. Many of our travels are by car reminiscent of our USA days. Doris gave me a hug, telling me she was bitten by bugs, and ended by saying, "Let's boil rice." Later we went to a store that was eyeing at my usa dollars. It's such a sweet dream.

On Wednesday I felt bad for my demanding requirement on a co-worker who was scheduled to preach a few days away. Old style coworkers have a hard time with Greek grammar, Bible study and communication skills. I felt bad and apologized. At night I left deacons meeting earlier so that I can still do my prayer walk before the day was over.

The next day was a light day at work because the putonghua department was headed to Cheung Chau for team building. We met with four former and present interns and we had a great time strolling on the island. I felt that our department has grown a lot and the team organized the revivals well, with some even considering it fun. A coworker's surgery and the use of morphine as painkiller evoked memories of Doris' use of morphine to battle pain. It was touching but tough.

On Friday I met an old friend from USA for breakfast and he had slimmed down considerably, saying his diet is more balanced over there. Friday night I was scheduled to speak at a couples fellowship. The invitation to talk on 同作門徒 arose two weeks ago when I did a chapter for one cell group and received a follow-up invitation to speak to all joint groups (300 strong attendance) that went down well, but unexpectedly a lot of interest was focused on 文法聖經.

On Saturday my own couples fellowship Bible study questions writing team got off to a good start. The three members were so mature and excited that I did not have to do all. Their job was to write the answers to my study questions and to write the corresponding application questions to my study questions. There was no rest later as I had to talk to a person and go through another coworkers sermon, but it was good for all. At the end of the day I volunteered to do benediction for a worship lacking ordained pastors. The speaker that day did a great job, selfishly speaking, benefiting from our study together.

Sunday was the last week to this quarter's Sunday school and the class ended on a high note. In the afternoon I met a co-worker from another organization for drinks. At the end of the day I did my prayer walk and worked hard on the final chapter of Doris' new book.

Mar 21, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment