Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Week 36

Week thirty six coincides with Chinese New Year, so it's a vulnerable week. On Monday we had our family reunion dinner. At first we planned to eat outside, but I did not want relatives to spend money, so I suggested to eat at older sister's home an hour away. Besides sister no. 4 can only come at 745pm because she had to feed a dog and a cat, herself last.

The next day I had dinner with my mentor Herman Tang, his wife Eleanor, Ho family, and a co-worker. It was a good fellowship and a personal honor to treat  a great and godly man.

On Wednesday night I had a bad dream that the leaders of my fellowship were split into pro-Hong Kong and international parties, more on the HK side, and feelings ran high with the fellowship leader lining up literally on the HK side as both parties came up to line on both sides at the front of the platform.

On Thursday I had a special dinner night with a buddy, his family and another family. I brought dessert and we spent some time together, ending with prayer. These buddies always think of my need, thankful.

The next day on new year's Eve I was teary early in the morning. The next surge of sentiment came as I reached office, but a co-workers presence at the MTR quickly dried it up. In the evening a buddy presented orchids to Doris for the festive season, actually a gift from two good buddies. I was touched again. At night I was glad a church leader invited me to UST for reunion dinner with his family and nephew. After that we had Chinese dessert at Whampoa, a nice gesture and a night's relief for all. I bought bakery for the family. 

On the first day of Chinese new year I got up with the feeling I should not stay home even though last night I planned to spend a quiet morning at our downstairs cafeteria. At least I was ready to tackle the day as I said, Good morning, Lord. Good morning Wife. Then I packed my PC, put the chain of Doris I had worn around my neck for my USA trip, and went to our favorite cafeteria in Tung Chung, ordering mocha and a pork roll and doing close to four hours work there. I skipped the lunch buffet nearby that shot up from $158 to $238. Since the food court was closed for good to turn into stores, I decided to go home for lunch. After a swim later I decided to go to our nearest nearby mall for high tea, but the shrewd pizza restaurant limited tea hours from three to four thirty, leaving me late by half an hour. I ate Thai food from high tea to dinner time, going home at seven to do more work at home.

After Sunday worship, the missions speaker Dr. L invited me to lunch. I asked him why he insisted on lunch together he said, I thought you have treatment我以為你有treatment 但係你睇起來都幾好精神but you look alert。Not so fast, but it's a good reminder.

Finally, my prayer for 2017 new year:
Lord,
Touch my heart,
Transform my mind,
Toughen my body,
Try my being.

Jan 31, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment