Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Week 32

Week thirty two was a tiring week snucked between Christmas and New Year. In all honesty I cannot let go of 2016 to live out 2017. On Monday I was bothered by my memory gaps, upset by a lunch I missed because dinner with Doris' brother from UK overshadowed everything. True to form, her quiet brother spoke liitle and I did not ask or attempt much after the opening question, "How long will you be in Japan?" At least he said a hearty goodbye after dinner. Part of the reason I missed lunch was also because I was engrossed in revising 文法聖經 yesterday to confirm to international standards using the NA27 manuscript instead of KJV. Also without Doris there's less motivation for food, fun or festivity.

Tuesday come with a testimony I must share. The previous week I won the office lottery $1000 winning prize, of which $787 was spent on tea group at Tang's on same day. This Tuesday when I took a neighbor coworker's family to lunch, his wife excitedly talked about how they cheered when I won the prize, so I told her we can use part of the money left for lunch that day. When the bill came, she screamed because the bill was $213, all that was left of the money! Now coworkers cannot eye my leftover money! At night I had dinner with a USA friend that used to take me out for birthday meal before Doris fell ill. It was nice to see an warm old friend.

The next day there was a HK drama of a president with amnesia, favoritism, put downs, a larger than life character and disoriented. I walked for more than an hour, praying for work, colleagues and safeguarding in HK .

On Thursday less than three weeks back from USA I was already feeling the emotional, mental and work stress, waking up at 330am for over half hour before getting back to sleep. Nearing dawn I had a dream of taking a bus or train to find Doris wearing blue top and white bottom expectedly waiting for me at the end of the terminal. Short but emotional to write it. Thankfully next morning was my day off. At night on my own time I attended an alum family memorial service. Tears rested on my eyeballs but I could hold it off now since returning from USA.

On Friday I woke up to a dream of me and a missionary and a banner that says  "I will respond to the salvation of the world." I told my missionary friend who wisely said, "Salvation belongs to the Lord as he is the Lord of the harvest. It is a privilege that we can be co-workers with God in his harvest."

Saturday morning I was groggy and napped at 11am but it gave me super strength for the rest of the day's writing of Acts 1, which I was inspired to do due a buddy's fantastic study of John. At night I attended a wedding more confident in my own skin than the last wedding before I flew to USA. Before I felt uneasy alone attending a wedding.

Sunday arrived and the pth service meets 14fl now. It was a long day as I planned to support a buddy's late noon program. I was about to go for dinner at 7pm when I saw a coworker hard at work for Sunday school next week. I coaxed him to go home as it was a holiday, even going out to dinner with him and his patient wife, in the process recruiting two others in the office as well.

Lord, let me walk along you,
Not ahead of you or away from you!

Jan 3, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment