Friday, September 18, 2020

5.17

 Year 5.17 was a restless week for me for all the good reasons. Monday was a late lunch and a return trip to the office to do some writing. Later I left before crowd gets off work. Praise God I remembered to use soup coupons before it expires this month.


Day two was a week of transition brought by the handover which will test the old and new leadership. I should be ok because I have started to be more proactive in coworkers sermon feedback, plugging a gap in local ministry I’m excited to export out.


Wednesday morning was leaders meeting with a farewell lunch. I am glad I wrote my coworkers piece for the transition, which I feel is a contemporary classic! But readers will have to find it first.


Day four must be an answer to prayer of some sort. After hearing Swindoll’s chapel online I wrote to DTS if I could put Chinese subtitles or rebroadcast them in Chinese and today they answered YES! It means this could be my final lap in ministry trying to bring the best of evangelical preaching to Chinese coworkers and believers. Lunch was with a departing AV coworker.


Friday breakfast was with a coworker into his 11th year of internship with me. The subject was calling. At night we had a pricey birthday buffet celebration with his wife.


Day six was two online meetings, English followed by pth. I rested before praise team rehearsal but I was still too tired, joining them later for dinner.


Sunday was nervous day because of online Sunday school. I’m glad a student managed to flash my notes on the screen because I was messy all over the place. I heard a few coworkers sermons before I went to wet market for seafood to celebrate student’s birthday with the single guys at my place. We had a blessed night!


September 15, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment