Friday, October 18, 2019

Year 4.21

Year 4.21 is unbelievably bad. Monday was so bad after the chaos yesterday that I had to cancel lunch appointment with a rep of an organization. At least I stayed home and did some hiking.

Day two was back to normal. I started working on Lamentations 1 and saw the beauty in it. In the meantime 1 Kings 19 for Sunday is on my mind.

On Wednesday we had a morning leaders meeting but I skipped team lunch with buddy and joined language prayer immediately after. At least I got the two leaders to agree on closing 4pm coming Sunday.

Day four lunch was with Raymond. He has his thinking but I think he got caught in taking sides. At night I had TS meeting and invited Keith to hear me speaking in English this week.

On Friday I finished my coming Sunday’s ppt. I was happy I found a depression illustration for my sermon.

Day six brings a lot of anxiety with the protesters marching past the church. Our night worship was almost canceled but for my last minute intervention, saying “Wait.” Night fellowship was canceled.

Sunday sermon was very well received. Creamy asked for prayer. I had high tea with youth but received an emergency text that sent me to the cswps comforting a family. My coworker took over two hours later but the crisis was till midnight.

October 15, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment