Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Year 4.20

Year 4.20 was another crazy week, if not craziest yet. I invited the boys over for lunch and we ate Vietnamese dinner at KT An Nam. Overall we had lots of fun with three other young people.

Day two was a big day. I took the boys to Dragon Tribe for the biggest bbq treat. We went home for exercise and food. The national day chaos forced a youth to stay overnight because he could not return to shatin but it was good bonding.

On Wednesday I skipped prayer lunch to visit the place where the boy was shot. It helped me to deal with the stress and mixed feelings. I felt relieved afterwards. We also had our small coworkers group sharing.

Day four was a chiropractor appointment in late afternoon. Otherwise I had to get ready Sunday’s sermon and translation on 1 John 4.

On Friday I started working on our sudden turnaround sermon on Lamentations 1 for next month. It is surprisingly refreshing rather than alarming passage.

On day six all transport was paralyzed and morning worship was canceled. I did not go to the office but I was glad I had almost finished my sermon and ppt for tomorrow.

On Sunday I taught Sunday school on Jonah 2 but did not have lunch with my students because I had to rest and preach in the next hour. The sermon was well received and revises my sermon after lunch. We went out for food after fellowship but was caught in mtr closure, so we had to walk to Kwai Fong and took a bus to Kwai Fong and then to island.

October 8, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment