Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Year 4.13

Year 4.13 was a sigh of relief in HK. I got a good rest after pouring all my energy into my Mandarin 1 John 3 sermon the day before. I will improve on it for my English sermon on Sunday.

On day two morning I heard a very good interview of Darrell Johnsonnthat inspired me to deal with an issue in my life. The denomination’s political talk in the morning was somewhat flat, as of all things lately. I finally got back Doris’ diary to finish up our new book on Women in the Bible. The debriefing on open house went smoothly.

Wednesday morning was leaders meeting and it was ok with all the city turmoil in context. I was grateful I finally got the book done with Doris’ application questions chosen. I found out there was one chapter in my new book left undone, so I have to wait for translation.

On day four I attended denomination prayer but there was no energy or emotion. Few came out for prayer. The weekend is coming, so people don’t know what to expect.

Friday morning was at the funeral parlor with staff YK whose in-law passed away. We talked about how to revamp ministry and had lunch with coworkers. High tea birthday treat was given by English staff. Night was the best as my inner circle came to celebrate my birthday. Sons, relatives and buddies were in attendance.

On day six I could relax a bit but I had to meet English stafff for lunch, finish up my Sunday sermon, attend night fellowship and hear a coworker at night worship.

Sunday arrived and I was in good spirits after revamping the last point. The shanghai cowalkers had a lunch for me. I had to attend both the baptism and Indonesian Independence Day and then dinner with pth fellowship with baptism candidates to close out the day. Praise God, the weekend rallies were free of violence!

August 20, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment