Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Year 4.12

Year 4.12 was worse than before, unimaginable! On Monday I visited old friends , the Mangs from USA, on the day of the infamous strike that paralyzed the mtr in the morning. I managed to find bus 73 to take me to Flower Street for my flowers before having lunch with them at their place and ending with 4pm coffee outside, where we saw the young black shirts gathering, with drums and all. The buses to the island were canceled by 8pm, so I took the Tsing Yi route.

Day two was back to work. I had the opportunity to take hk revival speaker Darrell Johnson for a tour around the church. He was very inspirational in preaching on the parables, especially Luke 15, peerless! We took a vote to see how the coworkers would respond to the march nearby. It was overwhelming support.

Wednesday was leaders prayer meeting where we run through all the possibilities before Sunday. Time was tight because preaching was due on Sunday. Night was chaotic because the police asked nearby businesses to close, thereby affecting revival broadcast, but it was fake news!

Day four I had an appointment with a chiropractor, followed by a foot massage. My legs are all messed up. At night on my free time I worked hard on Women book that will come out by Christmas!

On Friday I had most of my sermon ready but the pressure was too much, so I “gave myself a treat,” Doris’ favorite line! I went for a double order of Taiwanese rice and noodles for one price - half proportion each!

Day six’s fellowship small talk was inseparable from hk unrest. Mainlanders typically shy away from the hk side. I was glad to have dinner at our regular place, but even food was so so.

Sunday sermon was smooth but I had to cry my heart out because the first song touched me. I thought I was sleepy but it was the emotions bottled up. At noon we guarded doors as protesters walked by and closed them by the time the troops arrived. Praise God my birthday dinner was canceled because Kwai Fong was a war zone by night!

Here’s praying for a better week!


August 13, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment