Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Year 4.2

Year 4.2 was a more relaxing week even though I had my share of work. On Monday I started off with a long visit to the bank to change my password. Even the last front office employee had left, the one serving me said. Later I had lunch with a friend who is returning to Singapore and offered to take a gift to my mother. In the evening I had the first of two foot massages of the week.

On day two morning I attended the extradition law talk at church but to give the speaker, who knows Doris, four of her old books published after her loss. Surprisingly after my USA trip, I found myself energized and having lots of time for sermon preparation.

On Wednesday I woke up crying to a person asking me in my dream, “How’s your life?” Last week’s emotions from her third year of loss anniversary caught up to me after the trip but I was glad I felt the pain to be fully Alice. I was so engrossed in work that I forgot to attend language prayer meeting.

On day four morning I went to my new chiropractor, who was amazed that I could stand twice for an hour for my USA trip. He said it was tough on a normal person, let alone with my bad back. In the evening I had my second foot massage.

Friday was a pleasant day at the office. I don’t feel rushed after my holiday. It was a good studying day with two. We made up for lost study time from USA travel after dinner. It was hard sitting still with the recent barrage of activity.

Day six was a throughly enjoyable avocado plus German sausage breakfast. I had to go chiropractor treatment again and returned to church for lunch.
At night we had pth fellowship and ate our favorite lunch dinner after a few weeks away.

Sunday was a full day with 845am Sunday school. I could hardly keep up during worship. Laksa dinner at Tsing yi was surprisingly good for a change at a restaurant I have not tried before. I was there because a missionary called me out of the blue, so I could only offer to meet at the nearest mall.

June 4, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment