Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Year 3.39

Year 3.39 was the full Chinese new year swing. Monday was new years eve and I had a good reunion breakfast  with two before separating. It was enough due to the packed schedule.

Day two was new year. I headed to Tung Chung for coffee before visiting mama Wu in happy valley hospital and had lunch Alice. Dinner was with Simon and wife and walking with the Chus who I bumped into.

On Wednesday I went to Sai Keng close to Sai Kung to visit Doris’ godson whom she did not know. Doris agreed to be godmother to a child given birth at least three years later! On the way home I was lost and the return took me two exhausting hours.

Day four was people mountain people see at the Peak. Jack, Bei and Marion joined me in chasing memories before we had dinner at Chi Kee for dinner. I could not ask for more.

I took Friday and Saturday off to do language tutoring exam but the student was not ready, so I did not grade the paper. The task ahead is greater, so it is back to the drawing board for us. Praise God, I finished the first unedited version of Old Testament Grammar Bible.

I decided to go through the translation part all over with the student. It was my fault I did not give the person more exercises. We covered chapters 17-25. My patience is not where it should be, I must confess, but I am more confident now.

Sunday’s English preaching was well received. I joined Harold and others for lunch before attending prayer meeting, then chatted with buddy and elder before having beef for dinner with student at new restaurant. The rest of the night was revising Hebrew grammar for the last round that started on Friday.

February 12, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment