Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Year 3.29

Year 3.29 ended with a mad dash. On Monday I had lunch with a former leader and he shared about his experience on board. Like many leaders I know, he was dutiful and diligent, doing double duty standing up and be counted when the church needed him most. After lunch we picked up a visa to Malaysia to make it a pleasant day for two.

We had a coworkers sermon group for Colossians 3 that fortunately went well and ended punctually. I was eagerly waiting for a TST dinner with a relative but the rain caused the dinner to relocate to Yata. We had a good walk after dinner.

Wednesday was an enjoyable leaders meeting for a change. especially when I voiced that we should meet for one less hour instead of four hours. Others were more responsive this time because there were other meetings to attend.

On Thursday I spent six and a half hours at the hospital, eight including reaching there earlier. The doctor told me I was prefiabetic too. At 3pm we had high tea, ordering four orders at the special price. After dinner I returned for another hour to the hospital for the meds. At night I attended fellowship’s time to restart.

On Friday I had to see my chiropractor at prince Edward, taking much more traveling time that I prefer. I had a prayer group at the late afternoon, including hearing a coworker’s woe. I must admit we have our fair share, so the problem is how to gel the team.

The next day’s morning walk solved a problem about how to help my coworker. Then I tutored a student in the language. At night I returned home after fellowship singing to pack up for tomorrow ‘s trip.

Sunday was hectic to say the least. Morning breakfast was followed by morning worship, then sermon in English worship and attending a concert at city hall. We caught a bus and another taxi to take us to the airport for my missions teaching trip. We arrived a little past midnight, but I was thankful for the miracle of making it to the airport because we caught a 545pm bus for a three hours flight.

December 5, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment